Monday, January 20, 2014

Desk Cross

I made this cross today from a piece of Walnut Burl. It has a bit of blonde (lighter wood color) causing it to have a nice unique look to it. This particular cross stands on a desk or shelf. It is 4 1/2 inches tall and 3 inches wide. I normally make these style crosses out of regular Walnut or Cherry. I sell them for $10 each. This is a pretty simple cross. The hardest part about it is the cost of time in sanding. It takes more time to sand by hand for a smooth finish than it does to cut. I really like the way you can put this cross on a desk or shelf.

Here is the same cross sitting on a shelf. It looks good and adds a bit of character to the room. Even though I have designed it to sit on a shelf I can easily make it so it hangs. I also make this same design in a larger size. The larger cross can also sit on a shelf or be designed to hang on the wall.

1 comment:

  1. I got this exact one, it is so beautiful. Thank you Troy.

    ReplyDelete