Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Someone asked me if all I do is crosses. I know I have been showing a lot of them on this blog, but the answer to my friends question is, "No, I do other things as well."
This is a cheese board I made. I thought I would show it today because I did a little extra work on it. This particular board was made for my wife last year. This past Christmas she got me a wood burning tool to use. So I tried my hand at pyrography (the art of wood burning) and ended up making this mouse and cheese.

This is the whole board with the design burned in. I thought it was a nice touch and my wife loved it. Without the wood burning I sell these beautiful cheese boards for $25. I am working on making these right now for 8 people who want them. I do not sell them with the wood burned design.

I wanted to add something to her board so I basically searched the internet and found the picture I used. To burn this image in by hand took me about 30 to 45 minutes. I am still new at pyrograpy, so I have a lot to learn.



This is a close up of the design so that you can see a little better how it looks. I will be showing some other wood creations I make or have made in the past. Also, if you are interested in a particular item or design that is not yet talked about in my blog, feel free to contact me and let me know. I do make items on request. You can find my email in the sidebar to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment